Megan Phelps loves organic gardening, beautiful garden photography and blogging. From her garden in northeast Kansas she shares her real-world experiments this season with giant Japanese cucumbers. An avid participant in this years #GardenConnect Challenge, Megan discusses what’s growing great, what’s fascinating her and what is frustrating in her garden.
Megan got her start in gardening in a humorous and surprising way. Her passion for growing could not be stopped by minor inconveniences like not actually having a garden!
In This Episode You Will Discover:
- how heavy mulch with oak leaves creates a weed-killing strategy
- how to transform brutal clay soil through composting
- bee colony collapse and the importance of nurturing pollinators
- what is a “Nippon Sanjaku Kiuri” and how does it taste?
- what is the SECRET WEAPON of top level gardeners? It’s Haven Brand Moo Poo Tea. I’m as serious as an onion! Check it out and have your best garden ever.
- Can you really grow a garden powered by FISH? The hottest trend in gardening is AQUAPONICS! Learn more about building fish-powered gardens at http://BackToMyGarden.com/fish
- How healthy are you really? Take the test at http://NutritionWeCanTrust.com
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $68.00Was: $69.99
Price: Check on Amazon
Mother Earth News – http://MotherEarthNews.com
This is the book Megan mentioned on the show!
Megan Phelps blog: http://SeedsMulchandWeeds.com
Follow Megan on Twitter: @seedsmulchweeds
Watch the Podcast Interview Here: