Cathy Rehmeyer is a gluten-free cook, a medical school professor and a year-round gardening enthusiast from Kentucky. Her neighbors are distant and ancient relatives of the infamous Hatfields and McCoys. To say her property has a bit of a slope is … well … an understatement. Cathy is gardening on the edge of a massive hill. Think ski run garden.
The unique micro-climate created by the hills combined with poly tunnel strategies allows Cathy to garden the entire year. Imagine the joy of fresh veggies year round!
In This Episode You Will Discover:
- secret weapon – the science of low tunnels for year round gardens
- bonanza – 3 types of tomatillos
- tips for hillside survival when planting and weeding
- from container gardening to gorgeous terraced rows
- Attention Garden Lovers! Get a free online flower catalog and 10% off your first order of bulbs at Blooming Bulbs. Click here to enjoy beautiful flowers for less.
- Don’t Panic, it’s Organic! Are you a serious student of organic gardening? CLICK HERE for one of my favorite resources loaded with tips for building your own organic garden.
- NEW! My Favorite Top Garden Writers special report
- How healthy are you really? Take the test at http://NutritionWeCanTrust.com
Mother Earth News: http://motherearthnews.com
Eliot Coleman – 4 Season Farm
Margaret Roach – A Way To Garden
This is the book Cathy mentioned on the show!
Our Guest’s Links
Follow Cathy Rehmeyer on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ma_hubbard
Visit Cathy’s fantastic gardening blog: http://motherofahubbard.com
Follow Cathy on Facebook: http://facebook.com/motherofahubbard
Watch the Podcast Interview Here: