Guy Ewald is known as The Combat Farmer. His current mission to give people the knowledge and skills they need to be self-reliant stems from his time in the middle east teaching gardening. Guy worked alongside Special Forces troops in Afghanistan working on global agriculture projects. Imagine building raised garden beds out of the only materials available — sandbags filled with gravel.
Guy is a whiz at teaching gardening techniques using 1880’s technology combined with 21st century strategy. He shares some incredible stories in this episode not just about the unique challenges of growing food in the Middle East, but also the rural climates of Texas and Idaho.
In This Episode You Will Discover:
- from 3rd generation farmer in Minnesota to growing pomegranates in Afghanistan
- growing BIG – strategies for large sunflowers and pumpkins
- why you shouldn’t try to be a “know-it-all” in the garden
- can you really teach an old gardener new tricks?
- Attention Garden Lovers! Get a free online flower catalog and 10% off your first order of bulbs at Blooming Bulbs. Click here to enjoy beautiful flowers for less.
- Don’t Panic, it’s Organic! Are you a serious student of organic gardening? CLICK HERE for one of my favorite resources loaded with tips for building your own organic garden.
- How healthy are you really? Take the test at http://NutritionWeCanTrust.com
Our Guest’s Links
Follow Guy Ewald on Twitter: http://twitter.com/thecombatfarmer
Visit Guy’s resource blog: http://www.combatfarming.com
FAF Developments: http://www.fafdevelopments.com/
Watch the Podcast Interview Here: