Sarah-Jane Watkinson from Birmingham England is passionate about ALL aspects of gardening. She loves the eating, growing, foraging, preserving, brewing and nurturing. An avid garden blogger, Sarah-Jane share brilliant pictures on her site like her edible flower summer salad recipe. In this episode she shares fantastic stories, including a rogue horseradish that refused to move and was so stubborn they built a shed on top of it.
In This Episode You Will Discover:
- how to plant specific for the location, not opinion
- the Irish Potato Famine was caused by THIS – and how to deal with it
- tips on managing a 4000 square foot vegetable garden
- why nasturtiums thrive on neglect – meet “The Empress of India”
- allotment gardens with grow your own enthusiasts
The Royal Horticultural Society: http://rhs.org.uk
RHS Plant Index: https://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/search-Form
This is the book Sarah-Jane mentioned on the show!
Our Guest’s Links
Follow Sarah-Jane on Twitter: http://twitter.com/greedygardener
Visit Sarah-Jane Watkinson’s blog: http://greedygardener.co.uk
Watch the Podcast Interview Here: