Karen Hugg is an avid at-home gardener from Seattle Washington. After 20 years of passionate gardening which began with a single flower and a copy of Better Homes & Garden Magazine, she has thousands of hours of accumulated wisdom to share. Karen has been a garden designer professionally for a decade. She has an awesome blog filled with tips and Karen has a genuine love of helping people transform their spaces. She believes the #1 rule of garden design is “right plant, right place”.
In This Episode You Will Discover:
- the therapeutic benefits of gardening for seniors, baby boomers and all generations
- secrets to creating “fluffiness” when gardening in difficult clay soil
- how to be BOLD with faux tropical plants
- the risk of wet feet with clay soil
- if you love heat, try the Chilean Fire Tree!
- fighting the scourge of the English Ivy
- What’s the hottest trend in gardening? Can you really grow a massive garden powered by FISH? Discover the secrets to AQUAPONICS! http://backtomygarden.com/FISH
- Attention Garden Lovers! Do you want to save time, save money and have your most amazing garden ever? Join the VIP Club for free today at http://BackToMyGarden.com/VIP
- How healthy are you really? Take the test at http://NutritionWeCanTrust.com
Oregon State University Plant Database – http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ldplants/
Great Plant Picks – http://www.greatplantpicks.org/
This is the book Karen mentioned on the show!
Our Guest’s Links
Follow Karen Hugg on Twitter –http://twitter.com/GardenSeaStyle
Visit Karen at GardeningSeattleStyle garden blog – http://GardeningSeattleStyle.com
Watch the Podcast Interview Here: