Karen Kemp Docksteader is the sales and marketing manager for Weeks Roses, one of the largest rose producers in America. She’s a mom, sister, animal-lover, Eastern shore native and lover of roses and all things green! Weeks Roses is extraordinary at making the world more beautiful for the past 77 years. Karen and I discuss my fear of roses and how intimidating they can be to a new grower, and we discuss a ton of great ideas when it comes to your flowers. Her motto is “roses are weeds that just happen to be beautiful”!
In This Episode You Will Discover:
- the relationship between roses and apples
- how tough and hardy roses actually are
- tips for preventing winter kill
- what 3 million roses on 1400 acres looks like
- the blues – “Midnight Blue” and “Out Of The Blue”
- a little rock and a little roll – introducing the “Neil Diamond”
- the “Lady Elfie May” and the “Ketchup and Mustard”
- What’s the hottest trend in gardening? Discover the secrets to AQUAPONICS! Can you really grow a delicious garden powered by fish?
- Attention Garden Lovers! Do you want to save time, save money and have your most amazing garden ever? Join the BackToMyGarden VIP Club for free today!
- How healthy are you really? Take the test at http://NutritionWeCanTrust.com
Edmonds Roses – http://www.edmundsroses.com/
Star Roses and Plants – http://www.starrosesandplants.com/
Breck’s – http://www.brecks.com/
Gardens Alive – http://www.gardensalive.com/
This is the book Karen mentioned on the show!
Our Guest’s Links
Follow Karen Kemp Docksteader on Twitter – http://twitter.com/KarenKemp51
Check out Weeks Roses – http://WeeksRoses.com
Watch the Podcast Interview Here: