Dan Handley is the 21-year-old phenom of garden design in England. He is a professional horticulturist near Winchester. Dan is the UK World Skills Landscape Gardening Champion in 2013. He is a Royal Horticultural Society Chelsea 2014 Gold Medalist, and a Young Hort Ambassador. His entrepreneurial gardening business is picking up momentum and he shares a lot of excitement and enthusiasm for the next generation of designers in Britain.
In This Episode You Will Discover:
- trade skills vs. university degrees in the horticulture industry
- what’s it’s like being a world champion
- strategies to deal with the hardship of chalk soil
- UK garden landscaping challenges and tips
- dealing with moss in the lawns
- how the aster season was for Devon
- the drive to build a world-class garden design firm
- What’s the hottest trend in gardening? Do you want to discover the secrets to AQUAPONICS? You really can grow a delicious garden powered by fish!
- Are you concerned about toxic chemicals, GMO’s and Frankenfood? Don’t panic, grow organic! Discover our new resource for organic gardeners.
- How healthy are you really? Take the test at http://NutritionWeCanTrust.com
Young Hort – http://younghort.com
RHS Plant Finder: https://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/search-Form
This is the book Dan mentioned on the show!
Our Guest’s Links
Follow Dan Handley on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanielHandley7
Watch the Podcast Interview Here: