Joey Baird and his wife Holly are famously known as “The Wisconsin Vegetable Gardeners”…and this time we are joined by Joey! They are a married couple living in southeastern Wisconsin (just outside of Milwaukee). Joey & Holly make popular Youtube gardening videos about how to grow your own food organically, repurposing and recycling, home canning and simple elegant home living. Joey shares a TON of great gardening tips in this episode!
In This Episode You Will Discover:
- the mysterious yacon – the South American tuber cross between watermelon and crisp apple
- Joey and Holly’s upcoming season – insights and goals
- the power of basement gardens with grow lights
- what was horrible last year – don’t try this at home!
- what’s exciting this year
- canning tips from a master
- the growth of gardening via social media
- 3 things every gardener MUST grow this season!
- What’s the hottest trend in gardening? Discover the secret to building fish-powered gardens that you have to see to believe!
- Are you concerned about toxic chemicals, GMO’s and Frankenfood? Don’t panic, grow organic! Discover our best resource for organic gardening.
- How healthy are you really? Take the test at http://NutritionWeCanTrust.com
Gardening Resources Mentioned
Bonnie Plants – www.BonniePlants.com
Rick Larsen – youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sevenmmm/featured
This is the book Joey mentioned on the show!
Our Guest’s Links
Follow Joey Baird on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheWIVegGardenr
Visit Joey’s and Holly’s amazing garden center online: http://thewisconsinvegetablegardener.com
The Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener posts: https://plus.google.com/113093727794936671587/posts
Watch the Podcast Interview Here: