Karol Milaniuk is a horticulture student in Lublin Poland, southeast of Warsaw near the Ukraine border. Karol loves Formula 1 racing, and studying the science of plants. He is building a new Facebook community for lovers of plants, and is experimenting with growing plants new to eastern Europe. After university Karol plans to become a cutting-edge plant scientist pushing the boundaries of nutrition and growing.
In This Episode You Will Discover:
- the impact of having the right teacher when pursuing a career in horticulture
- plant breeding in Poland – not what you might expect
- the thrill of testing new plants in a new market
- GRAFTING – part science, part art, part multi-year experiment in patience
- STEVIA – a new possibility
- herbs as a gateway plant for new gardeners
- the challenge and huge potential of eastern Europe
- What’s the hottest trend in gardening? Discover how to build an aquaponics garden where you can grow amazing vegetables!
- Are you concerned about toxic chemicals, GMO’s and Frankenfood? Don’t panic, grow organic! Discover our best new resources for organic gardening.
- How healthy are you really? Take the test at http://NutritionWeCanTrust.com
- Can you really grow a garden without soil? Strawbale gardening is almost magic!
Gardening Resources Mentioned
Dave’s Garden: http://davesgarden.com
Meet The Plants: http://ntbg.org/plants/
This is the book mentioned on the show!
Our Guest’s Links
Visit Karol Milaniuk online: http://twitter.com/KarolMilaniuk
Horticulture Lovers community: http://facebook.com/HorticultureLovers