Andrea Hughes enjoys all 4 seasons of gardening in Brighton Michigan. She blogs about cooking, food preservation, sustainability and Michigan garden history. Andrea believes that a gardener needs to garden at their own pace, to do what’s right for you and your soil, and that the plant is always on your side.
In This Episode You Will Discover:
- tips on growing aloe
- growing exotics like papaya and banana
- canning with water baths
- how to grow a herb and perennial garden
- behold the Northern Kiwi!
- What’s the hottest trend in gardening? Discover the secret to building aquaponic gardens (powered by fish) that you will love!
- Are you concerned about toxic chemicals, GMO’s and Frankenfood? Don’t panic, grow organic! Discover our best resources for organic gardeners.
- learn all about straw bale gardens from the top Amazon expert!
- Is it nearly canning season? Check out our list of Best Pressure Cookers and Canners on a budget
Gardening Resources Mentioned
Ball Canning – http://www.freshpreserving.com/
Dave’s Garden – http://davesgarden.com
Mother Earth News – http://motherearthnews.com
Margaret Roach blog – http://awaytogarden.com/
This is the book Andrea mentioned on the show!
Our Guest Online
Visit Andrea Hughes online: http://MILakeHomeGarden.blogspot.com
Follow Andrea on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alhramandrea