Kathy Connolly is a talented garden designer, writer, coach and speaker. She has a fabulous gardening blog at SpeakingofLandscapes.com. Kathy has worked with beautiful landscapes for 30 years, including meadows, woodland edges, shade plants and foundation gardens. She loves working with native plants and organic techniques. Kathy is a regular columnist for The Day Zip 06 in New London CT and writes for About.com.
In This Episode You Will Discover:
- tips for overwintering leeks, potatoes and herbs based on zone
- smart lawn alternatives – no-mow, low mow and meadows
- perennial grasses and flowers – self-sustaining natives for pollinator support
- “Little Bluestem”, fescues, moss and winterberry discussions
- garden design ideas for landscaping inspiration
- Chester thornless blackberries, winter savory and Black-Eyed Susans
- What’s the hottest trend in gardening? Discover the secret to building fishpowered gardens that you will love!
- Are you concerned about toxic chemicals, GMO’s and Frankenfood? Don’t panic, grow organic! Discover our best resources for organic gardening.
- How healthy are you really? Take the test at http://NutritionWeCanTrust.com
Gardening Resources Mentioned
Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center – http://www.wildflower.org/
New England Go Botany – https://gobotany.newenglandwild.org/
This is the book Kathy mentioned on the show!
Our Guest’s Links
Visit Kathy Connolly online: http://SpeakingofLandscapes.com
Watch the Podcast Interview Here: