Alison Levey considers herself a passionate amateur gardener. Her spectacular gardening blog is a true feast for the eyes, filled with color and perspective. In this episode we discuss the unique personalities of geraniums, nasturtiums, begonias and their roles in non-traditional settings. Alison is keen on blending styles, with her cottage garden and wild garden creating a unique atmosphere in her space. Alison lives and gardens in Leceister in England.
In This Episode You Will Discover:
- pond battles – the problem with Parrot Weed!
- gorgeous garden ideas – prairie planting, cottage style and knot gardens
- the ‘3 strikes and you’re out‘ rule – how to deal with stubborn plants
- tips for aspiring garden writers – are you getting dirty enough?
- the actual plant that Robin Hood used to make long bows out of
- Attention Garden Lovers! Get a free online flower catalog and 10% off your first order of bulbs at Blooming Bulbs. Click here to enjoy beautiful flowers for less.
- want to learn about pressure canning and cooking?
- see our favorite for best garden cart – Gorilla Cart gor866d
- How healthy are you really? Take the test at http://NutritionWeCanTrust.com
England’s Royal Horticultural Society: https://www.rhs.org.uk/
NGS – Gardens Open For Charity: http://www.ngs.org.uk/
This is the book Alison mentioned on the show!
Our Guest’s Links
Follow Alison Levey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/papaver
Visit Alison’s sensational gardening blog: http://blackberrygarden.co.uk
Watch the Podcast Interview Here: